Speech Progress - Sound of request

We have made a successful progress on Noah. He is now able to make the sound at correct time with prompt, when he is requesting something. He is starting to understand that he needs to make sound when he is requesting something. This is a big step for Noah to understand the concept of using his voice to communicate.

We are putting more effort on the next step
a. To widen his vocab/commenting approach. Currently Noah is making sound on 'eat' , 'more' and 'help'. I target to work on 'read' this week, during his bedtime story time.
On top of that 'draw' also my target vocab and I plan to use it whenever I do training for pre-writing skills/colouring OT related training.
I then notice I can rely on the gym ball for OT activities on 'stop', 'go' & 'more'
b. To each him on gesture for 'eat', 'yes' & 'no' so that other able to understand him.
c. to target on speaking single word on 'help'. I think Noah is ready for the 'help' sound and it is rather easy for him to pronounce that. I learn from the therapist to put the hand/palm close to the mouth that say 'help' to assist him to understand the concept how to speak out the word. 'eat' and 'more' would be the following target to work on.

Comments