Bed Time Story with Noah

I started bed time story with Noah when before he turned two. I lie beside him and read out the book while he is having his bedtime milk with his feeding bottle.

I was told by his speech therapist that reading helps him in his speech. Noah has no speech despite he is 5 this year but I notice bedtime story is good for him in the areas below,

a. Noah loves books. Sometime he is able to stay quiet with books. He flips the book enjoying his own time. I see this a good habit

b. It helps Noah in identification. By reading out he book, I point the picture to indicate the name of the object. He picked up identification skill from it.

c. It helps Noah to listen and follow instruction.

d. It encourages interaction. Sometime Noah will come to me with book on his hand, and point me his favorite picture expecting me to read the name of the object out from it.

In a nutshell, bedtime story is good a practice for kids like Noah, a cute boy with ASD.

Comments