Chinese New Year Stress

The most remarkable festive season could be a very stressful time for me. As a mother of a child with autism, festive sometimes turn to be very bitter.

Festive Home Visit & Gathering

I spend most of my time dedicate to my husband's family and relatives. Home visiting and gathering used to be their main program.

My concern is very much on Noah's behavior whenever we visiting our relatives. I am always full with worry on whether he is able to make himself comfortable or any melt down happen. My husband and the rest of the family members usually do not care whether Noah is okay to be there for long hour or not. They leave the burden to me alone, to take care of Noah emotion, his meal time and sleeping routine. My husband and the rest are much focusing on chit chatting, having meal and playing games with each other.

I am very particular about the long hour spent on the same place, with many people in it. Sometime Noah has very thin patient and short toleration but my husband and the rest do not care. It stressed me out when Noah is complaining and my husband does not have his attention on this matter. I can understand Noah have to stay in the same place for 4 hours with all the adults are busy carrying their own agenda and he is not comfortable with it.

 Comments from the Folks

I can understand that perhaps the folks are showing concern on Noah's progress. I am much more concern about this than them for sure. Giving unnecessary comments or unprofessional advices could be very stressful for me, especially those doubtful comments about my parenting and the comparison with of Noah with other normal kids do hurt me.

Comments