Speech Therapy Progress

Noah received his first therapy session when he was turning 3. I was so happy that I able to obtain a home visit therapist.

Looking at the progress from almost 2 years now, Noah doesn't progress well. He makes a lots of sounds but no word. He said 'Sting Sting pillow', 'rabbit' and 'bicycle' for only once. He used to say 'Baa Baa', 'Nen Nen' and 'duck' before he was turning two but then lost it all.

I was told by the speech therapy that Noah is having apraxia. I have not idea of what it is but and the speech therapist told me that it was about difficulties to speak out word. I have no idea how to help but rely on the speech therapy session to improve him.

I'm enrolling Noah with additional speech therapy session with another therapist. The approach taken by the new therapist is totally different from the current therapist. There would be first time for Noah to use PEC to stimulate his expression and me myself,  as a parent was being encourage to join the session. I would be given home work to practice with Noah.

As a working mother, I have to scarify my leave to join the session. That need lots of effort to manage work and Noah's speech progress. I cannot afford to quick the job as I need fund to pay for his therapy. I am still yet to figure out the long term plan to manage work and time for his speech therapy session. In the short term, I am taking leave and make room for myself to join the session, perhaps once or twice a month.

DO wish me luck!

Comments